domingo, 8 de abril de 2012

Present perfect tense and for, since, how long.


PRESENT PERFECT TENSE.
HAVE/HAS +  EL PAST PARTICIPLE
             I / YOU / WE / THEY   have worked.
Have   I / YOU / WE / THEY    worked?
Yes,     I / YOU / WE / THEY   have
             I / YOU / WE / THEY   have not worked
No ,      I / YOU / WE / THEY   haven´t

            HE / SHE / IT   has worked
Has     HE / SHE / IT   Worked?
Yes,     HE / SHE / IT   has.
            HE / SHE / IT   has  not worked
No,      HE / SHE / IT   hasn´t

I have bought a new dress.
You have studied the lesson
He has broken the window.
She has lost the keys.
Have I bought a new dress?
Have you studied the lesson?
Has he broken the window?
Has she lost the keys?
I have not bought a new dress.
You have not studied the lesson
You have not studied the lesson
She has not lost the keys.

PRESENT PERFECT – How long/for/since.

We use Present Perfect tense to talk about action which started in the past and continues up to the present.


   I have had this computer for about a year. 
   How long have you been at this school? 
   I haven't seen Julia since September.


Tip!  We use for with a period of time, for example: a few days, half an hour, two years. We usesince with the time when the action started, for example: last year, June 8, I met you.

 I have been a teacher for more than ten years. 

   We haven't seen Janine since Friday. 
   How long have you been at this school?


   I have lost my wallet. = I don't have it now. 

   Jimmy has gone to South America. = He isn't here now. 
   Have you finished your homework? = Is your homework ready?






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario